Monday, 20 October 2014

DAY #20 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWE'EN

Welcome to DAY # 20
of this month long blog hop. 
The full blog roll is in the side bar and all the details of prizes, rules etc can be found HERE.
The Dragon here again today with something you'll either love or hate....
there is no sitting on the fence with this one....
I altered this set of drawers....
 ...into this set of drawers.
Now I love the Hallowe'enie green.... my Dad saw it yesterday and told me it was horrific!
 I sanded it...painted it, inside and outside, in the drawers, sides of the drawers and backs of the drawers......then I sanded it again...I wanted the edges to be distress....
Dad said that they are nowhere near as distressed as he is by the colour !
 I measured the drawers.... across and down... then cut myself some smooth white stamping card
big enough to cover all 9 drawers.... I stamped and masked all the images.... when you see the list of stamps you'll see how many masks/stamps I used.... loads.
I coloured my collage with a mix of alcohol pens and pencils....
I cut it to the size of each drawer front and adhered my collage on with strong book binders glue.
I distressed all the edges with ink, after sanding the papered edges for a smooth professional finish.
The drawer handles that came with this covered to much of the collage so I made drawer pulls out of garden twine... nice and strong, easy to pull and they don't obscure much of the fronts.
So do you like it or loath it?
SUPPLY LIST
MEMOROL... best thing ever for making masks for your stamps!
VERSAFINE INK...TUXEDO BLACK
DISTRESS PAINT...FOREST MOSS
MOWED LAWN
SQUEEZED LEMONADE ...all 3 colours mixed together to make a great pea-green!
STAMP LIST
VINY PUMPKINS G0802NS
DANCING SKELETON M0809NS
WARY GLANCE M0807NS
GRAVE POST D0810NS
BIRDMAN P0808NS
DEATH BY KLIMT N0806NS
MY HEART BEATS FOR YOU FAS K3104
EDGAR ALLAN POE CP R589
MOON CP G271
ODE TO THE GHOSTS CP G243
GODDESS DIANA CP R562
BLACK CAT CPQ499
SKULL CP G275
FLYING BAT CPC110
HANGING BAT CP G268
CROW CP D149
GOTHIC HEART CP Q533
TOMBSTONES CP Q537
BLACK BIRD FLY CP J310
DEAD TREE CP R546
VAMPIRESS CP Q449
ANGEL STATUE CP Q543
LARGE RAVEN CP L321
23 STAMPS USED....think thats my personal best!

Thanks for stopping by today,
If you like the stamps used in any of the projects you see on this blog, don't forget to check the websites www.De-Stempelwinkel.nl and www.Nonsequiturstamps.com .
 There you will find all these beautiful stamps, many of them are totally EXCLUSIVE to De Stempelwinkel.... who will ship worldwide. 
You can pay with Paypal.
Thank you so much for stopping by during this month long hop, we hope you'll continue to check out this blog from time to time  when the hop is over.
See you tomorrow for DAY# 21 with another project by another designer.

20 comments:

Dagmar said...

Oh wow - so spooky¡!!!

Neil said...

That's pretty cool. Love all the masked stamping, though I kind of get where your dad is coming from on the colour. Not a huge fan of that green lol. That being said, it works with the whole piece.

Jetske said...

I agree with Neil that the colour works great with the stamping. But in itself... it's very green! But I think it works better than the traditional orange. I love the overall image, great stamping/masking and colouring. With all the drawers out and together it looks best, so maybe that's the way... LOL
All in all I think it's gorgeous, and the twine looks way better than the original pulls.

ike said...

ACK !! Your Dad has NOOOOOO taste !! This is AWESOME in the extreme :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

TangledBlueRose said...

Wow! LOVE it!
Amazing use of so many stamps, so awesome! I really do like the creepy green....Love you changed the pulls.
Awesomely creepy cool box!
~kim

craftings said...

Great altered spooky box, yes horrific! LOL

~Lady B~ said...

LOVE IT!!!

Jessica Baldwin said...

Love Love Love IT!!!

NanB said...

Absolutely love it! The color is one of my favs! All that stamping..ohhh. I have a headache just thinking about it! Love the jute handles a lot!!

DonnaMundinger said...

WHOA! BILE green! Love it or hate it? I LOVE it! Sorry Dad, you're wrong on this. The color showcases the mind boggling collection of fab stamps perfectly! One day you're gonna have to teach me how to mask. I think though, perhaps I'm just too lazy to work that hard. AMAZING!!!!! xxD

Sarah Bales Strom said...

I LOVE it! I really like that poison green color--maybe I'm a little weird? Great collection and use of all those stamps.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

MMM. Can we say WOW. I am speechless. This is a fantastic altered set of drawers. Love all the details in the images.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

LMAO at your Dad's opinions BD! Horrificly bootiful for me personally coz I'm not a fan of green so wouldn't have picked it, but I can still totally appreciate how GORE-geous this is! Spooktacular chest of drawers I WANT IT!

Christine Kiehl said...

Ok, This was quite a post!! Love the storage tower and the fact that you r father said it horrific! That was a TOTAL compliment and I hope you took it as such! Green machine!

Susan Renshaw said...

I love the green! Amazing number of stamps. I think it is fantastic - would love to give it house room...

maureenjscott said...

LOVE it!!! Not on the fence here, this is amazing! Love the green, love the stamping! Knew it was your work without reading the blurb! :) Fab stuff BD! mo xxx

DogsMom said...

Horriffically FANTASTIC!
Anyone would love to have this sitting around as an inspiration piece.

Rebecca pettit said...

Soooo freaking cool. You really put a lot of work into this and it shows.i would own this

Julia said...

Oh my, I love everything from the green color to the last image. Gorgeous piece!

Steph said...

I love it! Love all the images and how you've magically fit them all together.