Thursday, 23 October 2014

DAY #23 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWE'EN

Welcome to DAY # 23
of this month long blog hop. 
The full blog roll is in the side bar and all the details of prizes, rules etc can be found HERE.
Today we have another project by me
.... the slightly grumpy, rather strange, very weird  dragon....
I have altered this small box...
 I painted it inside and out with black soot distress paint.
Stamped the spiders web with versamark onto black tissue paper then heat embossed with copper
embossing powder.
The web I used is lovely and large so I only needed to do this 3x to cover the box completely,
inside and out. I adhered the stamped tissue to the box with watered down PVA glue.
 Once dry I gave the box a coat of varnish.....and stuck on a spider.
 Now I'm not one for empty boxes..... it really annoys me when I don't have something to put inside it...
so I made a set of matching jewellery.....
 ..... a bracelet from bamboo tiles.... a necklace with a bamboo tile....
and a recycled plastic ring.
These were all altered the same way as the box.... first painted, then covered with stamped tissue paper.
The necklace is just a thin string of beads with the tile as the pendant.... the bamboo tiled bracelet is done with beads and elastic, so it'll fit almost any size of wrist.
All three pieces are adorned with spiders.
So.... who would like to wear these on the 31st then?

SUPPLIES USED
COPPER EMBOSSING POWDER 
DISTRESS PAINTS... BLACK SOOT
STAMP USED
SPIDERWEB RO811NS
Thanks for stopping by today,
If you like the stamps used in any of the projects you see on this blog, don't forget to check the websites www.De-Stempelwinkel.nl and www.Nonsequiturstamps.com .
 There you will find all these beautiful stamps, many of them are totally EXCLUSIVE to De Stempelwinkel.... who will ship worldwide. 
You can pay with Paypal.

See you tomorrow for DAY# 24 with another project by another designer.

17 comments:

Saskia said...

Wouldn't that be the coolest thibg to wear on Halloween. I could make something like that, I guess.

Jetske said...

WOWWOWWOWWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyn, I'm speechless!
I've got a box like that, got the stamp, paint, embossingpowder, bambootiles, but not the idea! And black tissue paper, don't think I've got that. Where would I find that?
I'm not at home on Halloween, I will be at Kreativ-Welt in Frankfurt (Germany), otherwise I would like to be the one wearing this! But it might be a good idea to make time to try and make a box like this myself. It should be possible.....

blackdragon said...

You can use white tissue paper... stamp and emboss, paste onto the box, then paint over it with a water based paint... once dry you can buff it up and the paint will come off the embossed areas.... I'm lazy I didn't want the extra work! x

TangledBlueRose said...

This is gorgeous, love the matching jewelry. Brilliant stamping and embossing technique, I must try this!
So beautiful, thanks so much for sharing!~kim

DonnaMundinger said...

What an exquisite collection! My kind of colors, for sure! Love, love, LOVE! (even with the spiders! LOL) Totally gorgeous! xxD

DogsMom said...

I was impressed just with the box!
And so excited because I have a smaller version to try this on.
When you opened it and shared the treasure! I am blown away.

Steph said...

Well I was super impressed with the box and then to see there's a whole set of matching jewelry!!! WOW Gorgeous creation and thanks for the instructions I too have purchased a box like this - lovin' the copper web.

NanB said...

Yes,yes I want!! This is an amazing box and the tissue technique is new to me and very inspiring! I make jewelry but never ever have made anything this fabulous!! Love the box and the fillings are just as lovely!!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Great little box. Love how you have altered it and made some jewelry pieces to match. Nice.

Sarah Bales Strom said...

Me, me, me!! I'd wear it in a heartbeat! Wonderful box and the jewelry inside it is just stunning! Fabulous set! I'm running out of superlatives.... :)

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ummmm EVERYTHING!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A real masterpiece....stunning looks!

greetings, Alie :-)

Rebecca pettit said...

you are soooo me. can't do anything just a bit. over the top we go. things can't be empty, no!

Christine Kiehl said...

Wow! You really went all out for day 23!! Love the jewelry! and the box it comes in! Time well spent! Keep up the great work!

Julia said...

Wow, great box and jewelry!

Susan Renshaw said...

Great day 23...love the jewelry!!

Susan Renshaw said...

Great day 23...love the jewelry!!