Wednesday, 8 October 2014

DAY #8 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWE'EN

Welcome to DAY #8 of this month long blog hop. 
The full blog roll is in the side bar and all the details of prizes, rules etc can be found HERE.
Todays project is titled
YOU CAN'T KEEP DEATH IMPRISONED by
Suzanne
Hi all ...
thank you so very much for joining us with our Halloween projects.
October is a time I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year ];-D
No step by step this time, sorry ... not that I didn't want to - I simply forgot :-/
It's a cage from a €-store that I prepared some time ago with several acrylic paints to achieve a rusted look.
Since I got myself this gorgeous 'death'-stamp in September at the Stempelmekka I thought it would look good in the cage.
 I stamped 'death' several times and fuzzy cut the images.
 The top one was sponged with distress ink and the last one was painted with 'Facettenlack' black on the back.
Between the layers I glued on the bat wings, stamped on craft glassine again. 
I liked my idea for the gargoyle wings so much that I had to use it again :-) also a thread was fixed between the layers and I replaced the skull on the image with a 'charm'.
 Then it was fixed on the roof of the cage with tiny magnets. He's hanging a bit askew ... The cage was wrapped with wire and wire was also used to make the hook.

Because it looked a bit naked I made a background with distress stains pumice stone and then sponged a mix of modeling paste, red and brown acrylic paints.
Onto this I glued several separately stamped images and a die cut graveyard.



 It's suitable for Halloween, I hope ;-)
If you really like the stamps used in the projects on this blog, don't forget to check the websites 
 There you will find all these beautiful stamps! 
De Stempelwinkel ships worldwide.
You can pay with Paypal, and have your order in your mailbox as fast as the postman can walk.
Supplies used today
stamps
death by Klimt N0806NS 
eyes FAS Q0110 
the face from plate 77 'the face is the icon of creation' NSPL77 
bat wings from p late 07 'wings' PLATECP07 

others
distress stains pumice stone 
stazon jet black 
on the edge die graveyard SX-TH658243
acrylic paint
brick stencil 

17 comments:

Jetske said...

This is something different, looks good!

NanB said...

I love this project!! So many wonderful details that I bet in person are super breathtaking! The time you put into the background itself is amazing but added so much to the poor little skelly's demise! Super awesome!!

DonnaMundinger said...

What a fabulous mix of stamps and techniques. Love your "Death" and how he's flying in the cage. Brilliant background you've created in there. Amazing project! xxD

Sarah Bales Strom said...

I love the way you've "aged" the cage--it really does look old and rusted! Great use of stamps as well.

Redanne said...

It certainly is spooky! I love the beautiful cage too.

DogsMom said...

You have taken pains to make sure Death is comfortable in his cage.

I like the skull bead added to the stamped portion.

And the great brick interior.

TangledBlueRose said...

Such an awesome project! The cage is gorgeous! Death is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing such a creative project!~kim

maureenjscott said...

An amazing project! I love the background in there, fab images too!x

Rebecca pettit said...

I love how just as much is on the inside as the outside. thank you for all of the hard work you put into this.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Way to think outside the box for sure. Love the details you added.

Julia said...

The details make this altered piece perfect, love the eye!

craftings said...

Great project very spooky!

Christine Kiehl said...

This turned out so good! Never worked with Glassene before?

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous creation. Love the cage and all the elements you have put inside! See you tomorrow!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Freaky fabulous! Some how I don't think you'll keep him caged for very long though, you better run and hide!

Steph said...

Amazing! What a great image and I love the skull face you gave him. You've decorated his cage wonderfully.

Sarah Nancarrow said...

Beautiful cage, I love how you create the aged look :)