Thursday, 9 October 2014

DAY #9 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWE'EN

Welcome to DAY #9of this month long blog hop. 
The full blog roll is in the side bar and all the details of prizes, rules etc can be found HERE.
Today is the ol' dragons turn again....
with another calender page...this one with a dragon on it!
 This dragon is DRAGON TRICK OR TREAT,
one from a set of  ALL OCCASIONS DRAGONS which are exclusive to DE-STEMPELWINKEL.
I stamped a little scene for her.... and gave her a bright red cloak,
very fetching she looks too!
I used alcohol markers, pencils and ink to colour my page.
 I thought you all might be a little tired of my posts here being just calender pages so I have another little project to share today too.
Some of you forum members might have seen my tutorial on stamping onto clay,
so today I have a little box to show you.
Its only 2 1/2 inches square.... so very fiddly to cover with clay.
 After stamping the images into the clay you have to cut the clay roughly to size before baking it... allowing a little for shrinkage. Once baked I stuck them onto to the box using my own recipe fixative.... filler, PVA glue and corn flour. Allow to dry.... i baked it in a cool oven for half an hour!
Then i painted it....inside and out with black distress paint.
 Then i dry brushed over it with picket fence distress paint.
The most important thing about stamping into clay is the stamps you use.... they must be rubber, not polymar or acrylic and, they must be really deeply etched and good quality.
 On something this small detail matters.
I used and often do use NON=SEQUITUR stamps that are also exclusive to
DE-STEMPELWINKEL.
Now i need to make a little something for inside the box.... eeeek... another project!

SUPPLIES USED FOR...
CALENDER PAGE ..... MEMENTO INK.... TUXEDO BLACK
DISTRESS INK... BLACK SOOT.
STAMPS USED
DRAGON TRICK OR TREAT EI K1285
PUMPKIN TOTEM CP Q455
SPIDERWEB AND SPIDER RO811NS
I also used SPIDERS available on GRAVE TIDINGS PLATE NSPL08

SUPPLIES USED FOR....
BOX..... DISTRESS PAINT .... BLACK SOOT and PICKET FENCE
STAMPS USED
SPIDERWEB RO811NS
GRAVE  TIDINGS FO801NS
Thanks for stopping by today,If you like the stamps used in any of the projects you see on this blog, don't forget to check the websites www.De-Stempelwinkel.nl and www.Nonsequiturstamps.com . There you will find all these beautiful stamps, many of them are totally EXCLUSIVE to De Stempelwinkel.... who will ship worldwide. You can pay with Paypal, or any major credit/debit card.
See you again tomorrow for DAY #10
BDx

16 comments:

Jetske said...

A lovely trick-or-treat dragon! You can't refuse to give her something, can you? :-)
Love the little box, and I'm curious to see what goes inside...

Rebecca pettit said...

absolutely fabulous darling. I don't know which I like more the happy dragon that I have come to love and have seen on paper today, or the clay box. I always am so jealous whenever I see any of your clay projects. I need a tutorial

NanB said...

Lovely dragon! And all those lovely pumpkins so much wonderful coloring! And as a polymer clay nut, I love the box! I just started stamping clay and I love it! Your box is stunning!

TangledBlueRose said...

Love her fancy cloak! Gorgeous coloring. Love seeing your calendar pages. Awesome clay box, will have to add to must do list!~kim

DonnaMundinger said...

EEEK!!! that adorable dragon set was just MADE for you, Eh BD? she's so cute I just want to pinch her. Love your coloring and I must revisit your clay stamping tut. Amazing box. xxD

DogsMom said...

Now I love the box even more!

The card is spooky and cute.
Maybe she could use a nail trim?

Sarah Bales Strom said...

Love the dragon and the little box! Your images always have so much depth to them!

Christine Kiehl said...

Love the calendar page and the box! How creative is that? So funny is that dragon! And the faces on those pumpkins are a riot!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Love dragons so off course I am lovin' this calendar page. Love the way you colored the scene. Fabulous little box.

craftings said...

Love the dragon and such cute pumpkins!

maureenjscott said...

Love the dragon in his pumpkin scene, your stamping is fabulous! And I'm loving your awesome box! Cant wait to see what's inside this one! :) xxx

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Amazeballs BD! First, nope, not tired of calendar pages, far from it LOL! But hey, you want to make another project for us then OKAY, we're not going to complain LOL! Your box is drop dead gorgeous!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your calendar page - Super image! And I love the box - such talent!!

Julia said...

Great calendar page and creepy cool box!

Sarah Nancarrow said...

That clay may have been fiddly but by gosh it looks fantastic!! It really looks like you carved the box out of stone, like a grave stone!!

Steph said...

Wonderful calendar page, I'll never be tired of seeing them. You clay box is fabulous.