Tuesday, 25 November 2014

giftbox

Hi everyone out there ...
It's Suzanne again, sharing a box I altered:


supplies used
stamps
from plate 148 sihouettes PLATESW148
venetian mask CP R534

others
multi medium matte CH-HSP24927
Dylusions white linen DR-DYC37873
and squezzed orange DR-DYC33936
TCW stencil specimens  TCW6x6/454
acrylic paint
watercolour pencils



The box started out as one from the €-store, it's  from plain wood and it originally held a few rudimentary sewing supplies beneath the lid. I dismantled it, painted it with acrylic paint (different shades of orange and blue/turqoise) and stamped the images from the silhouettes plate with turquoise archival ink.
On an extra piece of cardstock I masked the venetian mask stamp and sprayed it with a mix of Dylusion sprays white linen and squeezed orange as well as with some dark gold spray through the specimens stencil. Afterwards I colored the image with watercolour pencils.
Everything was sealed with matte medium, sponged along the edges with stazon timber brown, and refastened (the tiny screws have been a big challenge for my patience).
For now I filled it with some bits and bobs so that it wouldn't look too empty. I've not decided yet what to put in to give it away.

Thanks so much for visiting and I wish you all a great day, hopefully not too cold.
Hugs, Suzanne xx

4 comments:

Rein said...

Wat een prachtige box ist dit!

Jetske said...

Heel mooi geworden!
Very beautiful!

Ineke said...

Wauw very nice Suzanne, a gift for yourself. You need it right now.

Karin said...

Wow gorgeous box Suzanne!
Groetjes Karin