Sunday, 23 November 2014

MINI CANVAS

Its the old dragons turn again today and I have another small gift idea to share.
I brought these two mini canvases, they are just slightly larger than an ATC.
 I have never been very good at stamping onto canvas so I cheat by stamping onto tissue paper,
and using watered down PVA I glue the tissue paper to the canvas.
I have found that you get a better finish by tearing out the images rather than cutting them out. 
You can also reverse the images with this technique as I have done with the woman.
 When the tissue covered canvas is completely dry colour your images.... I used distress inks.
 The great thing about this technique is that you still have the texture of the canvas and when you tear out the images its almost impossible to tell that its not stamped directly onto the canvas.
These mini canvas would make a very cheap and unique pressie.

SUPPLIES USED
ARCHIVAL INK JET BLACK
DISTRESS INK BARN DOOR
STAMPS USED
TELEGRAM K5503NS
DREAMING N5502NS
CASABLANCA POSTMARK B5508NS
Thank you for taking time to stop by today....
there will be another project from another designer tomorrow.
BDx

5 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Great little canvas ! Love it...
Corrie

Jetske said...

A very nice present indeed! The colouring is wonderful, with all the shades, and the woman's shoulders "melting" into the background.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous!

JackieP Neal said...

Lovely canvas!

Ineke said...

Oh this is nice little artwork. Love it.