Saturday, 1 November 2014

November

Hello everyone out there ...

it's me again today, Suzanne, sharing the calendar page for November.
But first I want to say a big huge THANK you to our very talented, creative and busy team member Black Dragon, who organized our taking part in the big Halloween blog hop, and of course also to the ladies who joined with so much enthusiasm. It has been so much fun ... and a great challenge for me to come up with those different projects.

Now we're welcoming - well, some more, some less - November.
My personal memories related to this month aren't that happy, chilblains, illness, death, darkness ... but perhaps exactly for this reason my page turned out quite colourful :-)
I hardly used any stamps this time but concentrated on the colours all the more.


supplies used
stamps
Dyan Reaveleys stamps around the edge

others
stazon ink pad timber brown
ink tool replacement foam RI-IBT23623
distress paint
spiced marmelade TH-TDD36463 
peeled paint TH-TDD36401
barn door TH-TDD36296
mustard seed TH-TDD36395 
perfect pearls copper PE-PPP17738 
dylusions white linen DR-DYC37873
die cuts
acrylic paint dark brown 
stencil with circular patterns
design paper


The base for the background is a quite sturdy 14x14'' piece of watercolour paper.
I started by spraying diluted distress paints (the mustard seed has been mixed with some perfect pearls copper, you can still see the shimmer a bit) through a stencil with circular pattern - but because I haven't been happy with this (the colours looked too opaque and 'chalky') covered it all up :-D
Pieces of tissue tape were added randomly and everything was covered with a thin layer of gesso. Aferwards I dripped the paints onto the surface and spread them with a small scraper. A piece of twine went around the brayer and with this I rolled along the outer frame of the paper. At last I sponged through some punchinella.

To mark the days I used design paper, one of them covered with some Dylusion spray to mute the colour, some white shimmer spray, and some stencil cleaning. Those were die cut. The edges of the 'page' and the die cuts were sponged with timber brown.

I hope you like a bit how this turned out.
As always, thanks so very muich for stopping by and having a look, and have a great cosy weekend all of you ...
Hugs, Suzanne xx





5 comments:

Steph said...

Beautiful calendar, I love the background. What a cool idea and a great way to appreciate your art all month long.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A great result Suzanne!
Greetings, Alie :-)

Ineke said...

Very nice page. Love your colors.

DogsMom said...

So colorful - just like November!

Jetske said...

Real autumn colours, I hope this colourful calendar will bring you some joy this month!