Sunday, 7 December 2014

calendar

Hi all and a splendig morning to you
It's Suzanne, sharing a calendar - maybe another gift inspiration for you :-)
I know there are many examples how to do one, but perhaps you are a bit like me and can never get enough ideas.
I didn't add a year so this way you can use it again.


supplies used
stamps
wheel of the year CP Q534
roman numbers FAS S1402 
art doll time R6908NS 
script stamp from p late 107 writing letters NSPL107 
clock face large CP Q462 
stamp numbers from the plate the face is ... NSPL77 

others
distress stains metallic brushed pewter, tarnished brass antique bronze
stazon ink pad jet black 
mini ink blending tool RI-IBT40965
distress ink pads 
walnut stain
paris clock sm SN-JF360N

First I cut the covers from cardboard and glued printed paper onto them that I made with acrylic paints and stencils. Of course you can use any other patterned/painted/stamped ... paper to wrap around.
I'd bought a calendar insert some time ago and took it as a stencil to mark and punch the holes that I reinforced with eyelets.
Onto the covers I stamped various of the above mentioned images for the background and used the wheel of the year (sponged with distress inks) and the art doll (coloured with distress ink and -stains) as main images. Finally I glued on the mini clock face and assembled everything with metal bookrings.
Now I'm thinking of a way to seal it without smearing the ink. Maybe I'll try tricking with fixative and matte medium, sometimes I succeed this way.
Maybe the bookrings are a bit bulky but you can also keep the calendar on a desk or ...



I hope you like a bit what I made and will visit us again any aother day to have a look at the makes from the DT :-)

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to stop by today and I wish you a peaceful second Sunday in Advent.

Hugs, Suzanne xx

4 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such a great make Suzanne!

Ineke said...

What a nice usefull present (for yourself?) I like it.

Jetske said...

Great cover, it's clear this calendar is about time!

Karin said...

beautiful Suzanne!
Groetjes karin