Thursday, 25 December 2014

I wish you all a Happy New Year

Hello, Suzanne here again.
I'm a bit ahead of time and I have limited supplies at the moment, sorry for that.




Supplies used
stamps
big numbers PLATESW168 

others
gesso black CH-HSP31383
crackle paste white DMM17 
distress paint mustard seed TH-TDD36395 
distress paint black soot TH-TDD36302

The base is a wooden star that I primed with black gesso. On one side crackle paste was applied (needs quite some time to dry). I painted it with a layer of mustard seed and when dry I gave it a slight wash from black soot and lots of water. After a short drying time I removed the access.
Finally I glued on wooden numbers that were painted with acrylic paint and crackled, the edges were sponged with staz on.
On the other side I sponged the star through a stencil and adhered big numbers. These were used with archival ink plum and a tool that I'd bought as one for painting wallpapers actually :-)

I hope you are with your loved ones, having a great Christmas time.
Thank you so very mmuch for stopping by and please do so again any other day.
See you next year ...
Hugs, Suzanne xx

3 comments:

Jetske said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Ineke said...

Nice star, i hope it will be a great year for you and your family.

Susan Salyer said...

Beautiful star and Happy New Year to you also.
hugs
susan s