Thursday, 11 December 2014

STEAMPUNK REINDEER

I still getting prepared for Christmas,
so today I, the dragon, have an altered wooden tree decoration to show you.
I brought this pair of wooden blanks in the January sales.
 I stamped into clay ,allowed it to dry then covered my wooden blank with it using filler mixed with PVA glue.
I trimmed it and sanded it smooth around the edges.
 I painted it black, then dry brushed with brown paint.
Then gave it a liberal rub down with ORIGINAL RUST.
I added a chain to hang it by, a chain bridle and some tiny watch parts to some of the stamped cogs.
SUPPLIES USED
DISTRESS PAINT

STAMPS USED...
VARIOUS STAMPS FROM .... NUTS AND BOLTS PLATE PP77
Thanks for stopping by today.... Tomorrow there will be another project from another designer.
BDx

5 comments:

Jetske said...

Lovely little reindeer they are! I like the steampunk decoration!

Dagmar said...

wow - it´s a great idea!!!

Ria D said...

super !

Ellis said...

Wonderful steampunk deers! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a lovely result!!