Thursday, 8 January 2015

A Little Heart




Stamp Used:
Ideas Muse CP Q491

Morning all, I hope you are all keeping well and the new year has been good to you so far?
Mark here, and I am still swimming through boxes so I have a simple quick little make today.
I started by Gessoing the wooden heart, Once dry I used Decoart's new media misters to spray my colour, leaving them to dry a little before adding my more colours.
The image was stamped using archival ink, as the heart is 3d I put my stamp onto an acrylic block and rocked the image from right to left to get most of the image around the curves, to fill in the gaps I partially inked the stamp using only the end of the filigree hair section. Using some sut and dry foam I distressed the edges with black archival ink and painted the back black ready to write a message on with a chalk pen.The whole heart was given a coat of satin varnish to seal and bring out the colours.
Thanks for stopping by xx












9 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such a nice result Mark!

massofhair said...

Loving the DecoArt Misters, the heart looks fantastic especially with the image you have used :-) x

whyducks said...

Lovely

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful !
Corrie x

Mariëtte said...

Gorgeous!

Jetske said...

This heart is very beautiful!
I wouldn't describe it as "a simple quick little make" but as a little piece of art!

butterfly said...

I'm with Jetske - there's no need to apologise for simplicity - it often adds up to more! This is gorgeous.
Alison x

JackieP Neal said...

I love the depth you have created with the darker color on the outside- beautiful mini work of art- Mark!!

craftytrog said...

Love this! x