Monday, 26 January 2015

greeting card – CAS?

Good morning all, Suzanne here.
I'm sharing a greeting card that I made along with a little gift for a coworker.


supplies used
stamps
face collage P7703
the face is the icon ... Q7712
striped feather F7714
from plate  NSPL77: 'the face is the icon of creation'

others
heat tool SHDIV06
acrylic inks

At first I applied a layer of gesso on a piece of kraft cardstock with rather bold brushstrokes. Then I made a little pool of water, added a drop of acrylic ink and moved it around while drying it with my heat tool. I repeated this with two more colours. When dry I stamped the face collage as my main image with stazon jet black, the feather and the text with dove grey as background images.
Finally I sew around the edges.
I've got a new sewing machine and am experimenting – good thing you didn't see me wrestling with it yesterday until I finally got those seams done ...

Thanks so very much for stopping by to have a look today and please don't forget our biweekly challenge over at the new de stempelwinkel challenge blog.

Have a great week everyone ...
Hugs, Suzanne xx


5 comments:

Ria D said...

Héél mooi Suzanne !
groetjes , Ria

Jetske said...

A very beautiful card, like the way you made the backgroundcolours.
Keep "practicing" with your sewing machine, I like the seams around your card! :-)

Saskia said...

Love the effect of the acrylic inks!

Corrie Herriman said...

Prachtig !
Corrie

Redanne said...

The 'dropping ink' technique certainly looks effective, I love the result on your beautiful card and I love the sewing! Anne x