Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Notepad

Good morning!
It's Suzanne here, today I'm sharing a notepad.
My son wished for a personalized notepad. He loves geckos - I don't own one yet but he said a chameleon is beautiful too and does just as well :-) - and his favourite colour is red.
So this is what I came up with:


cover - back:

supplies used
stamps
photographer with tripod SW R12085 
stamps from plate 89 'microscopic artform plants 2' PLATESW89 
'experiment' from plate 21 'science'  FASPLATE21
chameleon P9107NS

others
gesso 3024-32314
acrylic paints
watercolour pencils
Bind it All 

I put a few drops of different red acrylic paints on a piece of white cardstock and spread it around with an old credit card. When this was dry a little gesso was lightly added in various areas.
The images were stamped, trying to achieve a look of some vegetation, and the chameleon was seated on a 'branch'. The background images were stamped with different colours of archival ink pads; unfortunately they faded a bit.
The cover has been laminated and holes were punched with the bind it all. I took sheets of paper from an ordinary cheap notepad, punched the holes and assembled everything into this notepad.

I hope you like this a little bit and please make sure to pay a visit to our new challenge blog were anything goes this fortnight. If you're chosen as the winner you can win a totally beautiful stamp.

Have a great day,
hugs, Suzanne xx

5 comments:

Jetske said...

A real boy's notepad, and the fading images give it some depth.

mark gould said...

I bet he look loves it x

Bea said...

Heel mooi Susan!

Susan Salyer said...

I love what you did. Fabulous notepad.

Ineke said...

This is a very nice gift. Love it.