Friday, 2 January 2015

phone case

Hi and good day to you all ...
It's Suzanne here.

First of all I wish you all a happy, successful, creative, and most spplendid new year!!
Thank you so very much for accompanying us for another exciting year.

Today I'm sharing a phone case.
To alter it I decided to use some of my very first de stempelwinkel stamps: plate 20 'writers'. It's interesting to think back that way :-) I came across de stempelwinkel stamps when I saw them being used by a few of my very first stamping 'contacts' and I've been instantly hooked. Now I'm here and more than happy about it!



supplies used
stamps
background stamp register SW S14010 
stamps from plate 20 'writers' PLATECP20

others
gesso 3024-32314  
multi medium matte CH-HSP24927 
stazon ink pad jet black and timber brown
distress stain tea dye

First I primed the (plastic) case with gesso and a thin layer of beige acrylic paint. On this parts of the background image 'register' were stamped and covered with a layer of different acrylic paints.
Edgar has been stamped separately on an old book page (that I went over with distress stain tea dye previously). When the paint was dry I stamped different images from the writers plate and glued down the main image with matte medium. I also used the matte medium to seal everything. This has been done with my fingers to avoid brush strokes.
In the end the holes were cleared very carefully with an x-acto knife.

Thank you ever so much for stopping by and having a look.
Please don't miss out on joining our brand new challenge that starts today. Anything goes :-)
Please have a look at our challenge blog to learn more about the rules.

Annnnnnd: there's one of Jetske's stunning stamps waiting for the winner.
See you there ....

Hugs, Suzanne xx

4 comments:

Jetske said...

This phone case is very beautiful! But you have to be very careful using your phone, people may want to steal it from you! LOL

mark gould said...

Very cool. Got to love a bit of poe every now and then xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great idea Suzanne, looks gorgeous.
Best wishes for 2015, Alie

blackdragon said...

I must do this to my phone. Gorgeous Suzanne. x