Stamps Used: The Chap is from Grote Mannen Plate 167 and is available on his own as well.
The Gears are from Nuts And Bolts PP77
The Oriental Designs are from Flowers From Buddha Plate 76
Morning all, and Happy New Year to you from all of us here at De Stempelwinkel. Mark here, yes it's been a while but I am now back, living in chaos but finally moved in.
Now as you may have noticed, there is no calendar page this month, we thought we would try some new things this year, Im sure you all know about our new challenge blog if not here is the LINK, challenges start Friday, anything goes, and instead of the callendar pages the DT will be bringing you little step by step tutorials for various techniques, throughout the year. We should have something for everyone.
I picked up a little swatch booklet the other day and thought it would be great for this type of project.
I found some card that would cover my swatch, (its a mount board Tag album basically)The image was printed with memento ink as I used copics to add my colour.
I use masking and resist techniques so I can layer and build up my images and also my backgroud colours withouth losing and dirtying my main image.
The first way to protect your image is to just stamp the image again and fussy cut around it, I find it best to use thin copy paper.
Carefully position your cut out over your image and stamp away.
For the second masking technique you will need some matte medium. Make sure your ink is dry or give it a quick blast with the heat gun just to heat set it, then just simply paint over the image with a thin layer of Matte Medium. It's best to do two thin coats to make sure you get complete coverage of your image.
Once dry you can use your distress inks, dylusion sprays or any other water based inks and cover/blend over the whole piece.
Dont worry, all you need to do now is carefully start to wipe away the ink with a wet wipe, dont get the piece to wet, you just need enough to reactivate the nk and then wipe it away with a kitchen towel.
I used Festive Berries for my background colour, I also used a sun Burst Stencil with Black Soot distress ink and repeated the previous step.
My Swatch was glued to my swatch and cut to size, finished off with a coat of Ultra Thick Embossing Powder. This makes the colours really pop and adds a layer of stiffness and protection.
The Second swatch was done in exactly the same way.
My chap was stamped onto some dictionary paper, and my swatch was covered with a wood block alphabet print design paper. He was covered with matte medium and then inked with distress inks, a few Tim Holtz embellishments and some eyelets finish it off.
Thabks for stopping by, I hope you all have an amazing 2015 and I hope to see you here or over at the challenge blog soon xx. Head back tomorrow for something new from one of our DT members x