Friday, 30 January 2015

Winter variations.

Good morning,
we have a new challenge starting today on our
the theme for our 3rd challenge is
WINTER,
very apt considering we in Suffolk England had our 1st snow of the winter yesterday.
This dragon doesn't like snow at all!
I had a play with a STAMPSCAPE stamp...
distress inks and water.
I made 3 cards using the same stamp,
2 of which are here, the other on the challenge blog,
all 3 are together on my blog.
This one I stamped first with WEATHERED WOOD distress ink,
then stamped directly over it with TUMBLED GLASS distress ink,
i used a little bit of cut'n'dry foam to drag though some of the weathered wood ink to shade the sky 
and edges of the card.
 This one i stamped as i did for the other one, but this time onto wet card.
The colours bled and caused a 'misty' effect which i quite like. I added just a hint of 
PEELED PAINT distress ink to the trees and reflections. I inked around the edges and the sky as i did on the first card.
The results are quite different but use the same colours and stamp...
thats why i just love stamping!

SUPPLIES USED
DISTRESS INKS..... WEATHERED WOOD

STAMP USED

I hope you'll join in with our WINTER CHALLENGE.
Thank you for visiting.
BDx

3 comments:

Ineke said...

Nice card Lyn and also nice technique.

Jetske said...

Indead two very different sceneries, but both cold and misty!
I'm glad the sun is shining here at the moment!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely sceneries!!