Tuesday, 24 February 2015

and still more red ...

Hi all ... it's Suzanne here, sharing a puzzle piece.
I got a piece of light foamboard or whatever it is called and tried to alter it.


supplies used
stamps
from plate 77 'the face ...' NSPL77
puzzle pieces CP S575
chicken wire SW R13040

others
scarlet
terracotta
vermillion
sea green
turqoise
emerald green
distress paint barn door TH-TDD36296
gesso 
calligraphy pen
some metal embellishments
spray mister black from decoart

I primed the board with gesso and spread some brusho (terracotta, scarlet, and a bit of vermillion) with water on it, but it just wouldn't get red enough; so I spread some distress paint barn door with a palette knife and while still wet I sprinkled some more brusho and water over it. Then I stamped images from the Non Sequitur plate and the chicken wire onto the background with stone gray; sadly one can't really recognise it any more, I just love those stamps to create a background.
A separate piece of watercolour paper was covered with brusho turqoise, sea green, and emerald green to contrast the red. The puzzle pieces were fuzzy cut and adhered to the board, together with some embellishments, after I blotted a bit of black spray mister onto it. Finally the edges were sponged with timber brown.
The sentiment is another attempt at a sort of calligraphy :-)

I hope you like this and please don't miss out our challenge over on the de stempelwinkel challenge blog.
Hugs, Suzanne xx

No comments: