Thursday, 26 February 2015

Caution 3x3 Canvas Board




Stamps Used:
The Fish are from Animal Skeletons FASPLATE33
Morning and thanks for stopping by. Mark here and today I have a 3x3 canvas board, its about the same size as a coaster.
The back ground was painted using media fluids and acrylic misters. I built up the layers using translucent colours. I started with some stencilling and some Tim Holtz tape, I muted them by adding a watered down coat of gesso before adding my translucent colours.
The images were stamped in Archival Ink. I love the toxic green gold colour and thought the skeleton fish would look at home.
The 13 and Toxic were stencilled, first in an off white and then again in black to help the letters stand out.
The whole board was then finished with a coat of satin varnish.
Thanks for stopping by xx 
Remember to check out our current challenge in our new challenge blog, there is a link at the top of the side bar.
xxx


5 comments:

Jetske said...

This is looking good! I like the way you made the letters stand out, good tip!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great grungy look!

massofhair said...

Great bumping technique on your letters and numbers, they really do pop. Fantastic canvas, you should really make some tile coasters like these Mark, would make a great conversation piece:-) x

Corrie Herriman said...

Great little canvas !
Love the fish.
Corrie x

JackieP Neal said...

Beautiful colors and great stamps- all around cool piece in my book! ")