Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Gothic valentines gift tag

Good morning,
Wednesday already.... amazing how the weeks fly by.
I'm still in a Valentines kind of mood,
not your normal kind of lovey-dovey hearts and flowers,
but my sort of Gothic slightly macabre sort of valentine.
I have altered a small round box in a very 'normal sort of way',
adding a Gothic tag....
 When you open the box there is a skull in the lid....
I stamped it 6 times, fussy cut, decoupaged it using silicon glue and then dipped it in my melting pot.
 The tag I stamped the image  with red stazon ink and coloured it with walnut stain 
distress ink.....
 I then laid a very damp old cotton dish cloth on it....
 the cloth removed some of the ink, leaving a very interesting texture.
I did the same on the back. I then stamp the image twice again cutting out just the skull and 
decoupaged those onto the tag.

SUPPLIES USED
STAZON INK.... BLAZING RED
DISTRESS INK ....WALNUT STAIN
STAMPS USED
GOTHIC HEART CPQ533
TWO SKULLS SW M11053 (only one used)

Thank you for stopping by today
BDx

3 comments:

Jetske said...

A beautiful box! OK, the inside is a little macabre, kind of "love you inside out" idea...

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, great way to get texture and so easy. Must try this. Love it! Fab box and tag. xxD

Ineke said...

Nice piece of art. Love the way you approuch Valentine.