Friday, 13 February 2015

some more valentine

Hello and good morning everyone out there ...
Today I'm sharing some more Valentine love; it's a frame I got from a certain Dutch shop chain and I altered it a bit.

supplies used
stamp
out together SW R12106

others
crackle paste DMM17 
brusho
vermillion BRVERMIL 
scarlet BRSCARLET 
black BRBLACK
aquawax 
acrylic paint
watercolour pencils

First a layer of crackle paste was added to the frame. Then it was painted with red acrylic paint and the crackles were highlighted with brown antiquing cream - but you can also use some diluted acrylic paint and wipe it back when it's still damp. At last some inka gold was added.
The background for the couple was made as follows:
water spitzed on white cardstock and brusho scarlet and vermillion was added, dried with a heat gun and some drops of water flicked over it. Painted over with aquawax, crumpled when dry and some diluted brusho black was painted over with light brush strokes. Finally a self carved heart was stamped onto the background.

When I searched the web for what else to do with those gorgeous brusho powders I came across aquawax. I couldn't resist ordering and playing with it. I'm still at the beginning, the background is the first thing I made with it. Maybe there's more to come :-)

Thanks so very much for stopping by and please hop over to our challenge blog, there's a new challenge starting today.

See you ...
Hugs, Suzanne xx

1 comment:

Jetske said...

A good "love frame", perfectly altered!