Sunday, 29 March 2015

Brusho Media Board






Stamps Used:
The Flower is from Designs By Ryn Hybiscus UM-M4

Morning all, Mark here, 
I just got my new DT goodies and really wanted to play with my new Stamps By Ryn and the set of Brusho's.
I used a Tando-Creative media board and gave it a base coat of white acrylic paint. Once dry a light misting of water was given and the Brusho's were lightly sprinkled. I used my pointy tool to poke a hole in the top of each pot and used them like a salt and pepper pot as you need hardly any of the pigment to give good colour.
You can see how the powder bleeds out and mixes, you can mist more is you like, once it got to a point I liked I heat dried the media board.
The Hibiscus was stamped with black Archival Ink and I painted the back ground black to just leave the flowers to show through.
The white dots were added with a paint pen. I wanted to have a glossy finish to the media card but the Brusho's would react with a brushed on varnish so I Gave the board 2 coats of clear UTEE, this helps bring out the colours and also leaves a nicer more finished look.
The bug in resin was added, I picked a handful of these up in a junk shop and the Tim Holtz word tag was added after the writing was coloured white with acrylic paint.
Thanks for stopping by xx

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Luurvve the bug!! What a feast for the eyes, the colours with black look Wonderful & liking the sheen from Utee. Wish my bank would give me an allowance for Brushos! Tfs

Jetske said...

I like the way you combined Brusho with Designs by Ryn. These big flowers do very well with the sprinkled colours, and painting the background black is a very good idea. It emphasizes the colours, and the white dots are making it livelier.
All in all a perfect decoration!

whyducks said...

Great results Mark x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

So nice with the brusho and DbR stamp...I just don't understand the added bug in resin.

mark gould said...

Lol ali. Read the word tag. The bug lives on in the resin. ;-)

mark gould said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
butterfly said...

So cool to leave just the flower petals revealing the fab brusho effects underneath - and the resin bug is a great touch.
Alison x