Monday, 16 March 2015

no one is born a master

Hello everyone out there ...
It's Suzanne here again at the beginning of another week that hopefully will bring us even closer to Spring :-)



supplies used
stamps
city view FAS R1010
gargoyle SW N13052 
full moon CP E185 
hand SW G12055 
alphabet october crow SW Q13051

others
distress ink pads
brusho
turquoise BRTURQ
black BRBLACK
acrylic paints
water soluble wax crayons


For the background I used the 'wrinkle free brusho technique' :-)  (the red was still lurking on my craft mat unseen and went on there unintentionally)
The images were stamped onto the bg and coloured with the wax crayons. Next the hand was stamped separately and coloured in as well.
I thought about how I could make the gargoyle look as if it was made of stone. I tried a mixture of chinchilla sand that I had sitting in my cupboard for years (just the sand, I never had chinchillas :-)), some decoupage glue and white acrylic paint. This paste was spread in quite a thin layer onto cardstock with a pallette knife and let dry, heating it inbetween from both sides.
In the end it not only had a stone like surface but cracks, too *yay* The gargoyle was stamped with a nice juicy stazon ink and 'coloured' with washes of black and gray acrylic paint, then sealed with matte varnish.

 

I caught my breath when I started to cut it out - but again I've been lucky: not the tiniest bit of the texture came off :-D

Thank you so very much for stopping by and having a look. I'd love you to pay a visit to our de stempelwinkel challenge blog too. This time the challenge is "fly away" and you can use anything that has to do with flying and/or wings; Jetske stocks quite a huge amount of stamps you can use for this one ...

Have a great day and a quiet week
hugs, Suzanne xx


3 comments:

Saskia said...

I like the happy accident with the red brusho! And the gargoyle is stunning!

Jetske said...

I too like the red in the background, if you had done it on purpose it wouldn't have looked this good! The stone effect is stunning, it really looks like stone!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great stamping!