Sunday, 26 April 2015

playing card

Hi all ...
It's Suzanne here today and I'm sharing ann altered playing card.



supplies used
stamps
couple from plate 'victorian romance' NSPL86
heart from plate 'go aks Alice' NSPL61 
crackle stamp from plate 'the face is ... ' NSPL77

others
gesso 3024-32314 
distress paint
mustard seed TH-TDD36395 and
spiced marmalade TH-TDD36463
matte medium CH-HSP24927 
stazon timber brown 
cherry red 
and jet black 

At first the card was sanded a little to give it a tooth for the gesso. After the gesso was applied and had dried I scraped on the distress paint with a credit card and when dry I stamped the crackle . To help positioning the couple image I draw a very thin line in the middle with a pencil.
Okay, a confession: I've been quite lucky with the stamping :-) it fits almost perfectly in my opnion.
I covered the resp. bottom half with masking paper and then stamped the image.
In the end the heart was stamped and outlined with a black sharpie, then sealed with matte medium.
To finish the card I applied a layer of triple thick, but yoy can also use a layer of (thick) clear embossing powder to cover the card.

Have a great day averyone ... and please don't miss our de stempelwinkel stamping challenge which is 'women' this fortnight.

Hugs, Suzanne xx

3 comments:

Saskia said...

The embossed layer really adds depth, great idea!

Ineke said...

Very good job, looks real to me.

Jetske said...

For those who are not that lucky in stamping in the right spot: stamp the image on acetate using your stamp positioner, find the right position with the aid of the acetate and stamp again with use of the positioner. That way it will be exactly in the desired spot!
This image is very good for making a playing card!