Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Art Journal page - sometimes I shut down

Hi all – and a wonderful morning to you.
It's Suzanne here and I'm sharing an Art Journal page today on which I experimented with the background :-)
I so love that shimmer ...


A little bit of texture :-)



supplies used
stamps
background stamp roman numbers FAS S1402

others
dylusions journal sm. DR-DYJ34117
black gesso CH-HSP31383
perfect pearls blue patina PE-PPP21872
a very small amount of heirloom gold PE-PPP21865 and silver
distress paint picket fence TH-TDD36425
white gel pen
silver lacquer pen

At first a fairly thick layer of black gesso was applied onto the page with a palette knife. When only the surface was dry I 'stamped' the numbers with just a little bit of white distress paint into it. I gave it a shot with the heat gun to help along with the drying and also to create little bubbles. Then I dusted the surface with pp silver in the center, pp blue patina and just a little bit of gold on the outside areas. Finally I added some turquoise interference paint around the edges.
The words were written on a separate piece of cardstock that I brayered with black gesso and silver acrylic paint beforehand. I cut them out, distressed the edges and used a silver lacquer pen to highlight them.

Here you can actually recognise the sentiment - I hope :-)



Thanks for paying a visit today and please don't forget to stop by our de stempelwinkel stampers challenge blog :-)

Have a great day.
Hugs, Suzanne

2 comments:

Jetske said...

Very nice and subtle texture! The shimmer is lovely...

Susan Salyer said...

Beautiful journal art . I love the texture..and your sentiment with the usage of dark lush colors. Nice.
hugs