Friday, 3 April 2015

Da Vinci Tile.




Stamps Used:
The Da Vinci Lady is from Leonardo's Women PlateCP30
The Check Pattern is from Diamonds And Decorations PlateCP11
The Gears are from Nuts And Bolts PP77
Faith is from Burning Hearts NSPL56

Morning all, Mark here and I am sharing a 4"x4" bisque tile painted with Decoart media acrylics.
I wanted to use my new Leonardo's Women set to make a coaster from a plain bisque tile and I wanted to include different aspects of Da Vinci's life thrown in. The cogs for all of his inventions and the word Faith for all the work commissioned by the church.
The tile was base coated with a couple of coats of white acrylic paint. washes of Burnt Orange and Hansa Yellow. I used the acrylic mister for the spray pattern and added some stirkes of blue/green with the edge of a card.
Once I was happy with the back ground I added my stamps, the lady first and then she was masked off and the checks were added using black archival ink.The cogs were stamped with gray archival ink.
The edge of the tile was painted black and the edges were distressed with black archival ink.Finally a couple of coats of satin varnish were added to seal and protect the surface.
Thanks as always for stopping by xxx.


5 comments:

JackieP Neal said...

Absolutely stunning Mark! I love all of your marks and splashes- the whole design melds so well!x

Jetske said...

Very beautiful! You have indeed incorporated all aspects of his life, I like it very much!

whyducks said...

Very nice indeed Mark, lovely work.

whyducks said...

Very nice indeed Mark, lovely work.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such a great card Mark...love the stamping!
Happy Easter