Monday, 27 April 2015

Here And Now





Stamps Used:
The Chap is from PlateSW113
I used the Nuclear symbol under the cogs from Plate 21 Fasplate21 Science 2
Frantage Embossing Powder
Rub on's

Morning all. Thanks for stopping by, Mark here and I'm sharing an ATC with you this morning.
Jetske has some new Decoart Media goodies in the shop now so I wanted to have a little play with a couple of the new products.
I used the Decoart Crackle Paste and the Patina Antiquing Cream. I also used their Media fluid acrylics.
I used a wooden ATC blank and sealed the surface, It is important to do this when working with the crackle products to ensure a good cracked finish. I used a pallet knife to apply the crackle paste randomly across the ATC and left to dry naturally, again this is important, if you heat dry you can stop the cracking process.
Once dry I the ATC as painted gold and tarnished using the fluid acrylics. The ATC as then covered with a coat of the antiquing cream.This product has been designed to dry but remain water reactive. The idea is to cover the surface, let it dry and then wipe the excess away leaving the cream in the lo spots and cracks.
As the cream remains water reactive it needs to be sealed if you want to work over the top, I used a satin varnish and worked a thin layer quickly and lightly over the surface, be careful not to over work this layer as you can drag the cream with the varnish.
I stamped my images with black archival ink, as the surface has lots of texture they came out ok but nit great so I used a fine brush and used black acrylic paint to go over the images.
I sprinkled some Frantage embossing powder across the ATC and and carefully heated, I used an embossing ink pad and swiped the edges and used more Frantage powder.
The clock and 'Here and Now'were added using a set of rub ons from 7 gypsies. These are great for textured surfaces.
Finally the Tim Holtz cogs were added.
Thanks for stopping by xx.





7 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Like this a lot...great crackles and vintage look Mark

Saskia said...

Love the texture!

massofhair said...

You ALWAYS manage to get great crackle Mark, liking the colours, stamps and rub ons you used :-) x

Corrie Herriman said...

Love that lush crackle !
Fab ! Corrie x

Jetske said...

With these tips in mind everybody should be able to create such a beautiful crackle!

Buttons said...

Now that's a fantastic crackle background. Love those colours on this one Mark. Jenny x

JackieP Neal said...

Fabulous atc Mark! An,boy, you sure know how to work that crackle!!xo