Wednesday, 8 April 2015

mini canvas on lightboard

Hi all ...
Thanks so much for stopping by, Suzanne here - sharing a mini canvas on lightboard.




supplies used
stamps
from dyan reaveley
(the plate I used sadly isn't available at the moment,
you could use any other DR stamps for example of course)
Raffaello's cherub CP N40

others
gesso 3024-32314
matte medium CH-HSP24927
paper hanky
decoupage glue


The base is a piece of lighboard, the mini canvas is about 9cm in diameter. Both of them were primed with gesso first, then acrylic paint was added in various yellow-orange resp blue-turqoise shades. On the orange panel I used some tissue tape underneath the paint. Background images were stamped onto the lightboard.
I die cut a heart from cardboard and used the 'leftover' as a stencil which crackle paste was applied through with a pallete knife. When dry I painted it with red acrylic paint and highlighted the cracks with some white; finally I outlined the heart with a bit more white paint and a charcoal pen.
In the end I stamped the cupid onto a paper hanky (I think the dges are less vivible using this instead of tissuepaper), tore it out and 'decoupaged' it onto the canvas; some circles with black and white were added (selfmade stamp, bottle lid) and some lines (old credit card) - to assemble the pieces I sealed them with matte medium and glued on the canvas with a glue gun.
I'm not one for many embellishments so the pieces had to do without any of them :-)

Thanks for paying a visit and having a look. I do hope you also will have  a few minutes to spend at our de stempelwinkel stampers challenge and join in.
Have a great day everyone.
Hugs, Suzanne xx

4 comments:

Jetske said...

A good looking piece like this doesn't need embellishments... :-)

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Like the artistic look of this creation!

whyducks said...

Fabulous

Ineke said...

I like this piece of art. You've done a good job Suzanne