Thursday, 9 April 2015

Salvation And Fly Stamp Board Ovals






Stamps Used:

N5611NS Nun

 (Oval Stampbord is no longer available, but lots of other sizes are)

Morning all. Mark here, sorry for the lack of links, my lap top has now developed a virus and I am typing this from my phone :-(    Already taken care of, during my Pepsi-break :-) (Jetske)
These makes are heavily inspired by my crafty friend Helen Chilton, she had been playing with alcohol inks and stamp board. 
I picked a bright red,orange and yellow alcohol ink and applied drops heavily to the stamp board focusing mainly on the red and letting the colours blend together and react with each other. If you are unfamiliar with stamp board it's basically a hard composite board with a smooth whit clay surface.
The inks sit nicely on the surface and the colours are nice and intense.
Once dry I stamped my images with black archival ink.
Now the fun part And the beauty of stamp board, using a scraping tool I scratched through the layer of alcohol ink to the clay surface revealing the Hi lights. 
Thanks for stopping by. 
Xxx

5 comments:

Jetske said...

I had not tried alcohol ink on Stampbord yet, was afraid it could not be scratched away anymore, but this looks good! I did try Brusho yesterday, that also works well on Stampbord!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Very different and impressive Mark

Ineke said...

This is beautiful, must try this at home.

Lisa häll said...

wow the highlights really caught my eye! beautiful

JackieP Neal said...

Absolutely stunning Mark- really gorgeous results with the inks on the stampboard and your pick of stamps-is the best! Love the Salvation the best!!xx
ps...Pepsi is bad for your teeth! heehee