Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Triablish





Stamps Used:
Mayan Calendar is from Prophecies PlateCP54
The Hand and Phrase are from Take A Walk On The Wild Side NSPL84
The Circles are from Diamonds And Decorations PlateCP11 

Morning all, Mark here and I am sharing a tag today.
I started by just playing around with my background  and no idea on where the stamping would take me.
I blended some Decoart media fluids on a grey board tag that had been base coated with white and then a wash of dark blue.
I was left with a sunset style background and it started me thinking of far away holidays in sunny places, with this in mind I thought of the Mayan stamp and it led on to a bit of a tribal theme.
I used black archival ink and started with the calendar, I then stamped the hand image, it's actually the centre of a stamp, there is some writing around the hand. This was masked off so I only inked the hand. The Phrase was also cut to make it fit on two lines. Finally the circles were added.
The whole tag was then coated with a layer of satin varnish.
Here's looking forward to Summer ;) xx





5 comments:

Jetske said...

Where a background can take you!

Alysha Sheridan said...

Fabulous hun x

whyducks said...

Beautiful

massofhair said...

Loving your thought process Mark, a wonderful background and some great colours ;-) x

Kyla said...

Nice, love the touch of green at the bottom.
Kyla