Saturday, 9 May 2015

accordian booklet from playing cards

Good morning to you ...
Suzanne here and I'm sharing an accordion booklet.
I'm so very, very sorry that I'm late again ... I had to stay longer at work this week because of an assessment and we have our annual funfair at our doorstep. My kids are with the scouts so I had to sew on patches, bake cakes and mix together a few salads ...  I could have split up into at least four persons these days. But now it's getting more quiet again.
Sorry again.


supplies used
stamps
from plate 29 art doll partys FASPLATE29
eyes tested SW P12129 
and various others which I don't know the name of right now.
the little imp, the small bike and the fly are giveaways
 from Jetske at fairs I visited

others
gesso black CH-HSP31383 
ultra matte varnish
matte medium CH-HSP24927
gesso white 3024-32314 
stazon timber brown
and jet black 

Basically I've been inspired by this video but I used different stuff and techniques.
I gessoed the cards first, after taping them together. Like Brian inn the video I applied different acrylic paints with a pelette knife, but I added tape from the hardware store, decoart dimensional effects, an Andy Skinner stencil, tyvek, washi tape, decoart spray misters ... and lots and lots of heat and a bit bubbling.
For the decoupage thing I thought I'd use some of my neglected (but not less loved) stamps from Jetske and I stamped them onto paper hankies.
I so love how the background of the cards turned out, the texture and the colours.






I hope you like it  bit, too.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend all of you. Please don't miss out our new challenge over on the de stempelwinkel stampers challenge blog.

Hugs, Suzanne xx

1 comment:

Saskia said...

The back and front are amazing! Love the texture and warm colours.