Thursday, 14 May 2015

modified lamp

Hi all.
Suzanne here and I'm sharing kind of a table lamp that I modified a bit.


supplies used
stamps
feather and face from plate 'the face is the icon ...' NSPL77
leo puzzles CP S575

others
brusho turqoise BRTURQ 
decoart media ultra matte varnish DMM24-71
stazon stone grey
aclylic paint cadmium orange

 I started by painting the lamp stand with orange acrylic paint; when dry I sealed it with ultra matte varnish and rubbed on a little bit of orange wax cream. It has already been quite 'shabby chic-style' and I love how this made the layer of paint turn out.
For the shade I dissolved some turquoise brusho in water and started spraying (out on the terrace, with the most wonderful sunshine to dry the shade :-)). I thought (and hoped) the spray would show a bit more uneven on the shade but somehow it spread quite smoothly.
Finally I stamped the shade with the images of women and assembled both pieces. That's it.
I hope you like this a little bit. Orange and turquoise is one of my favourite colour combos :-)




Thanks so much for stopping by ... please remember to pay a visit to our de stempelwinkel stampers challenge blog the lovely and most wonderful Black Dragon puts so much love and work into. I know the hallenge this fourtnight is a bit ... ah, well: very challenging ;-)
but I'm sure you're going to come up with something.

Have a great (fahter's)day ...
Hugs, Suzanne xx

6 comments:

Saskia said...

Such a cool project, love it!

whyducks said...

It looks great.

whyducks said...

It looks great.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Very inventive altered lampshade Suzanne!

Jetske said...

It looks great, good colour combination!

JackieP Neal said...

Cool makeover Suzanne!!