Friday, 22 May 2015

Observations Tag






Stamps Used:
All The Stamps are from Science 2 FASPLATE 21
Decoart Antiquing Cream White

Morning all, Mark here and I have been playing with the Decoart media misters and was left with this rather spacey background which had me break out the Science 2 stamp set with loads of stamps that work with cosmic/science theme.
The periodic table was stamped first with black archival just for a bit of subtle background stamping,
I then used Versamark ink and frontage embossing powder, its an ivory white with gold flecks for the rest of the images. Using embossing powder on a dark background really helps the images stand out.
The tag was then sealed with some satin varnish.
Some eyelets were added along with some Tim Holtz bits, the word was hi lighted with Decoarts Antiquing Cream.
I will go into using the antiquing creams in my next monthly tutorial in a couple of months time ;)
Some beads were added to a piece of wire that was twisted to shape to resemble Atoms.
I used one of the acrylic misters that has a shimmer to it and with the satin varnish it really pops and sparkles in the light, sorry I can't quite catch it in the pics.
Thanks for stopping by xx.

If you have some time why not check out our challenge blog, we have new challenges every two weeks with prizes up for grabs. All the details can be found at the top of the side bar. We would love to see you over there.

.


6 comments:

Jetske said...

Great tag, I love those beads! They really look like atoms, perfect! That's just the bit of extra this tag needed to be perfect.

Buttons said...

A really unusual tag design Mark! Love the idea of using the beads as atoms and the way that background looks. Jenny x

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful tag !
Corrie x

JackieP Neal said...

Cool layout and design Mark!! Love the tag-and the colors- yum!!

Candy C said...

Mark...I think this tag is so cool! I left a comment on FB, but I wanted to stop by your blog and leave one as well. :) The colors are so vivid and jump off of the tag! I also love all of the embossed images you've used. And all of the metal and dimensional embellishments you've added really finish it off beautifully! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about the Costa Rica trip. I am so super excited about it! I am so honored to be a part of the DecoArt team. Being able to work in any type of a setting with YOU and Andy is just amazing to me! <3 Candy

mark gould said...

Thank you so much for the kind words candy x