Monday, 4 May 2015

Wierd Science Canvas Board







Stamps Used:
The Clown on the Left is from FAS G0401
The Rest of the Stamps are from Science 2 FASPLATE 21

Morning all, Mark here and I have been playing with some Brusho's today on a piece of canvas board.
I lightly misted the board and sprinkled the Brusho's, (yellow, turquoise and a little black) spritzed a little more to get the colours to run and blend, at this point I laid some kitchen towel over the top to mop up the water leaving a paler background.
I started with the clown heads, I love how creepy these guys are, they lead me to choose the other stamps to just add to the weird factor ;)
I used Archival ink pads for my stamping, Black, Sepia and Vermilion.
As the Brusho's would remain active if the got wet, and would run/mix if I used a liquid varnish I used Clear embossing powder to seal the surface, as the powder melts it still reacts a little with the Brusho's and softens things up whilst brining out the colours and making them pop a little more.
Thanks for stopping by xxx









6 comments:

Jetske said...

Nice "experiment" ! You could try to seal the Brusho with hairspray first, and then use a varnish.That might do the trick as well, without any reaction from the Brusho.

JackieP Neal said...

You love to have fun Mark- I always see this in your work!! Great clowns,and I love the background!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely brusho canvas Mark

DonnaMundinger said...

What a cool effect, Mark! Leave it to you to introduce me to stuff I never knew existed. Brusho's? Those are damn creepy clowns. Love it! xxD

mark gould said...

They are s powder pigment. A little goes a really long way. X

mark gould said...

They are s powder pigment. A little goes a really long way. X