Thursday, 4 June 2015

Imagine Hippy Wooden Canvas









Stamps Used:
The Flowers are from Designs By Ryn Sheet Hibiscus UM-M4

Morning all, Mark here and tofay I am sharing a wooden canvas with a Disco flavour ;)
I started by priming the wood with a couple of coats of white acrylic paint, I added my colour using Decoart fluid acrylics, I added a couple of drops to a pallet knife and spread the paint randomly building up my colours once each had dried.
I used an Andy Skinner stencil for my Hippy Chic, I first stencilled with black gesso then moved the stencil slightly stencilled with white gesso to create the shadow effect.
Keeping with the whole flower power vibe I stamped the Hibiscus with black archival ink.
Imagine and the heart were then stencilled over the top using the same technique.
To finish I painted the sides black, distressed the edges lightly with archival ink and sealed with a couple of cots of Satin varnish.
Thanks for stopping by as always xxx.
If you have time and fancy a challenge why not check out our challenge blog, the link can be found in at the top of the side bar xxx.



6 comments:

Jetske said...

Flower power, yes! And also a feeling of summer, the warm and vibrant colours pop out even more because of the white figures. Quite nice, this shadow-stenciling technique, it seems like the stenciled parts are glued on top of the canvas.

whyducks said...

Wow is this really Mark!!! Very different style, bright and cheerful is cool. x

massofhair said...

Fantastic combination of Andy's stencils and Ryn's stamps Mark, how fabulous and great summer vibes :-) x

craftytrog said...

Very cool and retro! Love it Mark! xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous work Mark!

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Mark, thanks for posting to my page! The black stamped hibiscus make a neat background pattern over the colour splashes. Hehe, works with the hippy theme too. Nicely done!