Monday, 15 June 2015

It Can't Rain All The Time


Stamps Used:

The Chap is from Mannen 1 PlateSW 113
The Quote is from Halloween 3 PlateSW 161
The Rain Drops are from Designs By Ryn Water Effects DBR/UM-M1

Morning all, Mark here today and I am sharing a wooden plaque decorated using Brusho's for my background.
I started with a thin bit of ply wood cut to size and gessoed to seal the surface.
Once dry I spritzed with water and splashed some brusho across the board, letting the colours bleed a little and then dabbing up with a kitchen roll. I repeated this step several times with different colours till I was happy with the results.
Using archival ink I stamped my images and distressed the edge of the board.
As the Brusho's are reactive with water and I wanted to varnish the board for protection and helping bring the colours out, I used an aerosol sealer first and once dry gave the board a couple of coats of gloss varnish.
Thanks for stopping by. Head back tomorrow to see something new from our DT and if you have some time please check out our challenge blog, the challenges run for two weeks and there are prizes up for grabs.




1 comment:

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey again Mark. Thanks for posting to my page :) Great grungy look to this! Love the colours in the background and your combo of stamps.