Wednesday, 3 June 2015

selfmade button embellishment

Hi all, Suzanne here this morning, sharing a little experiment I did.
I found those great big buttons at A*tion yesterday and immediately had a vision of wooden embellishments with a quick print transfer technique.









supplies used
stamps
doorknocker D5408NS
one of those gorgeous fish skeletons FAS Q3302

others
mnatte medium CH-HSP24927
mixed media varnish ultra matte  DMM24-71
rather thin design paper

I prepared the buttons (white) by sanding them a bit and painting them with two colours of chalk paint, then sealed them with ultra matte varnish. Both the button and the design paper (of course I didn't have other print outs at hand) were covered with matte medium, pressed onto each other and dried with the heat gun. Then I sprayed them generously with water and rubbed off the back of the paper with my fingers. It doesn't matter here when tiny bits of the transfer come off, that adds to the worn look :-)
Finally I stamped the images and sealed the buttons again with ultra matte varnish.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, please don't miss out our challenge (which is still 'numbers' – everyone has numbers in different shapes and materials in their stash, I bet) over on the de stempelwinkel stampers challenge blog. Come and join the fun, there's always a gorgeous treat to win :-)

Hugs, Suzanne xx

4 comments:

Jetske said...

Looking good, the transfer of the designpaper gives an interesting background, that's not too prominent.

whyducks said...

Very cool

Win Dinn said...

They look fabulous, Suzanne. A great find, a wonderful use!

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Das ist genial. Super!
LG Carola