Thursday, 16 July 2015

1 Hour craft challenge.









Stamps Used:

The Skull Tower is from Halloween 3 PlateSW 161
The Man On The Flying Bike is from SW N12084
The Wire Mesh and Paint Brushes are from Hard Ware Findings PlateSW 159
The Checker Pattern is from Diamonds and Decorations PlateCP 11
The Fish are from Animal Skeletons FASPLATE33
The Little Circle is from PlateCP 49
The Rain Drops are from Designs By Ryn Water Effects DBR/UM-M2

Morning all, Mark here and I am setting a little challenge just for fun.
It's a one hour craft make challenge. Create anything you like but it must be finished within the hour.

I wanted to try something that was more just quick fun, no real thought just complete randomness.
I started with a paper mache flower holder (sorry, no flowers for my pic).
A couple of base coats with Decoart's  tinting base for an undercoat drying with my heat gun.
Using their fluid acrylic Hansa Yellow and Napthol Red I added a couple of drops of each to the surface and blended them together to get the subtle shifts of orange.
A little spritz with the black and green acrylic misters to add some texture and more drying with the heat gun.
All the stamping was done with archival ink. As I was on a time crunch I just picked some of my fave stamps and just created an abstract collage of images.
The centre section was painted black and the edges were distressed with some archival ink and the whole piece was coated with a couple of coats of gloss varnish.

If you want to take part in the challenge I would love to see your results. You can share your projects on our FaceBook Page Here .
As always a great big thank you for stopping by.









3 comments:

Jetske said...

Some red roses would do great in this lovely flower holder!

DonnaMundinger said...

REally pretly, Mark! Yeah, red roses wold be fab in it. xxD

Redanne said...

Fantastic work Mark! x