Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Match Book








Stamps Used:
The Lady is from Thoughts PlateCP 49
The Eye is from SW S14012
The Alphabet is October Crow SW Q13051

Morning all, Thanks for stopping by, Mark here and I am sharing a Decorated match book using the Tim Holtz match book die.
I wanted to channel an old rock club vibe with my design akin to the Voodoo Lounge or the Whisky a go go.
I used 300 gsm card for my die cut and base coated it with white acrylic paint.
The back ground was created using Decoart's acrylic misters, letting some coats dry and mixing others so the colours could run together.
Letting the sprays dry thoroughly my images were stamped with black archival ink and the edges were distressed.
The inside was painted black and the whole thing was given a coat of gloss varnish.
the Match book was then folded and the small flap was stapled down.
I love the larger match book in the die, it's the ideal size to hold a gift card for a birthday treat or an ATC for a swap.
Thanks for stopping by.
xxxx



1 comment:

Jetske said...

A very good idea to use this die for a gift cover.
You can make a very personal/personalized gift this way.