Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Travel Notebook

Hi all.
Suzanne here this morning, sharing a mini travel notebook.




supplies used
stamps 
from plate 167 'large men' PLATESW167 
script from plate 107 'writing letters' NSPL107 
traveling man SW N06077 
flying man sm.  SW M06158
old windmill CP J286 

others
matte medium CH-HSP24927 
gesso 3024-32314 
stazon inkpad jet black 
media varnish ultra matte  DMM24-71
glimmer mist pearl
two small notebooks,one blank, one lined
cling foil

some details:







First I took the notebooks apart and arranged the pages anew, altering blank and lined pages and putting scraps of designpaper inbetween. 
I collaged more pieces of designpaper and scraps of old book pages onto the cover with matte medium, added a thin layer of gesso with a scraper.
Then I sprayed the glimmermist on cling foil, sprinkled some brusho onto it and wrapped it face down around the cover. When dry I stamped the script for a background, the other images were stamped separately onto cardstock (brusho background as described, I used the cling foil twice) resp. designpaper with printed travel theme.
Finally I mixed some matte varnish and a little water in a spray bottle and sealed the cover. For good measure I finally added another layer of the varnish with a brush.
In the end I assembled the pages and the cover, sewed them together and added a few beads and embellishments.
That's it.

Thanks so much for stopping by and please take a few minutes to visit  our de stempelwinkel stampers challenge blog and join the fun.

Huga, Suzanne xx

1 comment:

Jetske said...

A very nice travel notebook. I hope you can fill it with lots of interesting travels!