Monday, 6 July 2015

What are you doing this summer?

 Good morning...the begining of another week...
We're into July and the weather has been wonderfully hot.
We have a challenge for you over at
Our theme is 
''SUMMER''
What does summer mean to you....?
Long walks along the beach... picnics in the park?
Kids off school and chaos?
Work all week and days out at the weekend?
For me the highlight of summer is being able to take a book outside whilst the kids and dogs play.
I love E.A Poe's work and his poems...
so today I have a folded book to show you depicting one of my favourite poems.
The lovely child stamp is decoupaged using 6 layers.
You can google book folding... there is a ton of info.... then just make up your own words....( I found the easiest way was to use lined paper and add in extra lines.)
 The 'demon in my view' is a decoupaged photo of one of a pair of gargoyle I have above my craftroom door!

SUPPLIES USED VERSAFINE ONYX BLACK
STAMP USED   FEMKE SW P12017

I hope you'll join in our SUMMER challenge....maybe like me, you can depict something you'll enjoy doing this summer.
Thank you for stopping by BDx

5 comments:

ike said...

This is just soooo fabulous BD. I adore it. I wish I could do that !!!
I bet it's lovely in your garden right now with the gorgeous weather :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

Jetske said...

WOW! That's a real piece of art.... seems to me to be a lot of work!
I hope you will have a real good summer, with plenty of sunshine, but not too hot, so you can read a lot of books!

DonnaMundinger said...

Unbelieveable, BD! I've purchased some book folding patterns but have yet to try. This is sooo amazing with the fab decoupaged figures. love, love, LOVE! xxD

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great altered book! Gorgeous result!

Gráinne said...

So smashing, BD xxxxx