Saturday, 22 August 2015

Le Chat Noir Vintage Bottle





Stamps used:

Le Chat Noir is from CP Q525
The Check Pattern is from Diamonds and Decorations Plate CP11

Morning all, Mark here and today I am blogging from the road today as I am away teaching a weekend of crafty classes.
I am sharing a shabby bottle, the bottle has been painted with Decoart chalk finish paints and once dry spritzed with the red Decoart media mister,
I absolutely love the vintage Chat Noir image and it was the perfect size for my bottle. The cat was stamped with black Stazon ink and the check pattern was stamped randomly using the stamp without an acrylic block so only part of the image would stamp..
The detail on the bottle was distressed a little with some fine grade sand paper to reveal the glass.





5 comments:

Ineke said...

Always nice to make art from something old.

Jetske said...

Gorgeous bottle! You are right, the Chat Noir seems to have been made for this bottle! The partly stamped checkers are the perfect decoration around it.
What a bit of paint and some rubberstamps can do to an old bottle!

Candy C said...

Everything about this works so perfectly. I love the color of the bottle. That spritz of red is a great contrast. I would never have thought of that. Love the stamping, too.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

I'm going to paint some glass today. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration, Mark!

Dana said...

Love it Mark!! I wasn't aware chat poster image was available in a stamp! Looks wonderful on your bottle