Friday, 14 August 2015

recycling: notepad holder

Hi all, Suzanne here today.
When I was a child I used to be fascinated by a deskop calender my doctor kept on his desk.
These days I came by a similar thing when I browsed the internet and made a little research on where I could by it ... it's nearly 17€!!!!
No, I decided, I'm going to make one myself, a notepad holder :-)

supplies used
stamps
from plate 119 'Halloween 1' PLATESW119
from plate  161 'Halloween 3' PLATESW161
plate 42 'dark night' PLATECP42

others
stazon jet black
decoart ultra matte varnish DMM24-71
decoart crackle glaze clear 766218075437(135466) 
carbon black and
burnt umber 
decoart chalky finish paint

The piece of wood was quite inexpensive at the local hardware store :-)
I sanded it, painted it with chalky finish paint and instead of cream wax I covered it w ith antiquing creams carbon black and burnt umber, Everything was sealed. Then I added crackle glaze in some spots and when dry I rubbed antiquing cream into the cracks. The skull tower and the skull images were stamped with stazon jet black.

I dismantled an old and well used lever arch file (got it at work when a coworker cleared out his office) and mounted the binding on the wood panel.
The small sheets of notepaper are recycled too. We have quite some used exercise books the children only filled partly. I took the remaining pages and cut them to fit. Finally I stamped some images onto them, too.
 Thanks so much for stopping by.
We'd love you to stop by our de stempelwinkel stampers challenge blog and join the fun :-D

Hugs, Suzanne xx

1 comment:

Jetske said...

A lot of work, but now you've got something very special and beautiful that money can't buy! It's worth much more than € 17 !