Friday, 21 August 2015

pendant

Hi all, Suzanne here.
This time I'm sharing a pendant, made from air-drying clay.



supplies used
stamp compass circles J5607NS

others
black gesso CH-HSP31383
antiquing creams titanium white 
decoart media acrylic interference turqoise  DMFA105
decoart media varnish ultra matte DMM24-71


I flattened the clay and used a cookie cutter to cut the shape. Then I pressed the stamp into it (it's better to spritz it with water beforehand, that makes a better image and prevents the stamp from clogging). When dry I covered the pendant with a thin coat of black gesso, sealed it with matte varnish and applied antiquing cream, both white and patina green. After I wiped them back I finally added a bit if interference paint and sealed the object again.

Thanks so much for stopping by aand having a look. Have a great weekend everyone.

Hugs, Suzanne xx

2 comments:

Jetske said...

Nice pendant, the compass circles give it a nice relief.
Thanks for the tip to spray the clay before stamping!

Ineke said...

Oh nice. Art you can wear.