Tuesday, 25 August 2015

WISE OWL

 Our challenge at  DE-STEMPELWINKEL STAMPERS
ends Thursday at midnight.
The challenge is
''USE A SONG TITLE/ LYRICS/A POEM
 OR A QUOTE AS YOUR INSPIRATION''
I love this Quote ...
 I stamped it out using an alphabet .... 
quite time consumming... onto a page taken from the book that I used...I distressed the edges with some distress ink to match the stamped leaves....
 ....the leaves were stamped using distress ink onto pages from the book ...fussy cut.... coloured using a wet brush to drag out the ink colour...
also all of the roses were made from spare pages.... these had a wash of distress ink added once made up.
 I folded the book pages to create an owl and using the same distress ink distressed the page edges just to give the owl a little more definition.
The hessian was coloured to match using distress ink too.
I added pearl beads to the centres of each flower.

SUPPLIES USED
DISTRESSS INK....WALNUT STAIN
MEMENTO INK ....TUXEDO BLACK

STAMPS USED
AMERICAN OAK BRANCH SW R13080
ALPHABET OCTOBER CROW SW Q13051/161

I really do hope you'll join us in our challenge.... the possibilities are endless....
you have a couple of days to enter...I hope to see you there.
Thanks for stopping by...BDx

4 comments:

Saskia said...

Love, love, love it! And I must add that I really appreciate the total enthusiasm for and commitment to the challenge blog you show in all your posts.

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowwwwww, das ist ja fantastisch. Einfach klasse!
LG Carola

Gráinne said...

Oh my, what an elaborate work ... I don't think I had the patience for such a wonderful piece of art. So gorgeously done, BD xxxx

Jetske said...

Somehow I missed this post, but this book is sooooo beautiful! So much work, you are really good at it! And a wise proverb....