Monday, 21 September 2015

Alice In Wonderland Birthday Card





Stamps Used:

The Hearts, Pattern and Rabbit are from Go Ask Alice NSPL61
The Check Pattern is from Diamonds And Decorations Plate CP11

Morning all, Mark here and today I am sharing a birthday card I have made for my better halfs mums Birthday.
I have used a couple of Media Boards from Tando-Creative to make my card. I started by painting the front white using Decoart fluid acrylics, a wash of yellow iron oxide was added to age the look of the cover.
I used Stazon ink for my stamping and once dry added the colour with a fine detail brush and slightly watered down fluid acrylics.
I made a mask for the rabbit and stamped the pattern with Vermillion Archival ink, the checks were  stamped with a dirty stamp and a peach coloured archival ink to leave the faded pattern.
The back of the first media board was painted black and both sides of the second board were also painted black.
I distressed the edge with archival ink and coated the front with a couple of coats of Soft Touch Varnish to leave a really silky to the touch finish.
Once everything was dry the eyelets were added and the two pieces were tied together with some thin leather cord. A clock charm was added as a finishing touch.
Now all Kelly needs to do is write her message with a white paint pen.

Thanks for stopping by xx.
Why not check out our challenge blog if you fancy a challenge?
Link can be found at the top of the side bar xx


4 comments:

Candy C said...

This is cool, Mark!!! I feel just like you do...definitely not a card maker. Love getting them. Just don't love making them. Haha. Your Akice card is really beautifully done.

Jetske said...

A beautiful card indeed, by stamping the patterns the way you did you emphasized the worn down look. Great!

Sandy said...

I left a comment on this before but I really do like it - smashing!
Sandy xx

butterfly said...

And yes it's fabulous - I love it!
Alison x