Wednesday, 2 September 2015

frame

Hi all ...
Today I'm sharing a mirror originally, but I love it even more as a picture frame.



supplies used
gesso 3024-32314
decoart media antiquing cream 
titanium white DMM153-26 and
patina green DMM152-26
decoart media varnish ultra matte DMM24-71 
decoart media crackle glaze clear  766218075437(135466)
decoart acrylic paint inteference turqoise  DMFA105
embossing paste
acrylic spray paint blue and black

I primed the frame with gesso before applying embossing paste either through stencils or just in a layer I pressed embossing folders into; ultra matte varnish was used to seal it. The wooden frame was sprayed with acrylic paint spray blue and black and dried over night.
I wouldn't recommend using the heat gun at this point, otherwise it will turn out like this:



 When finally (well, mostly :-/) dry I painted it with a layer of antiquing cream patina green and a little bit of titanium white and wiped it back. To finish the piece I gave it a light cover with interference paint and cream wax black shimmer.

detail shots:
 


Thank you ever so much for stopping by today and having a look.

Hugs, Suzanne xx

1 comment:

Jetske said...

Lovely frame, lots of relief and colour. A couple of white and/or blue flowers would make this beautiful girl even more beautiful.... but that's my taste.