Monday, 14 September 2015

shabby box

Hi all,
I'm so very sorry that I'm late ... I've been sick yesterday and had to finish my piece this morning.
I altered a cardboard box.


supplies used
stamps
script from plate 107 'writing letters',  NSPL107 
roman numbers FAS S1402

others
gesso 3024-32314 
decoart media modeling paste DMM21-71
decoart media varnish ultra matte DMM24-71 
inkpad stazon jet black
brusho gamboge 
distress stains spiced marmalade

 I thought I'd go for a kind of shabby look.
On saturday I visited the annual stampfair in Hagen and got a lot of goodies, so many that I really don't know what to begin with :-)
Firstly I used a stencil with modeling paste to make the pattern, then the box was primed with gesso and painted with dark red acrylic paint. When dry I sealed it with matte varnish and added the first layer of antiquing cream (patina green); titanium white and a little burnt umber followed and each layer was sealed inbetween. Before sealing I wiped back some of the antiquing cream with a baby wipe. It doesn't look red any more but I hope it fits the shabby look :-)
The flowers were made from different papers and fabric with a TH die, all dyed with bruho and distress stains and then stamped.




Thanks so much for stopping by today and having a look.
Have a great week everyone.
Hugs, Suzanne xx

3 comments:

Apollox said...

Sehr schöner Antiklook!

Jetske said...

Beautiful box!

Ineke said...

Hope you are better now. This is a nice box, lov' it.