Monday, 19 October 2015

DAY #19 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWE'EN...DON'T PEEK.

Welcome to the De-stempelwinkel design team blog.
The full blog roll  for the 31 DAYS OF HALLOWE'EN BLOG
is on the side bar and shall remain there all month long.

We hope that you'll continue to enjoy the projects we create during this amazing
month long blog hop
stopping by daily to see what we,
 the design team create every day with the
 wonderful selection of stamps that DE-STEMPELWINKEL
have in store.
Today is DAY #19 and we have a project made by me. the ol' dragon.
I altered a little kiddies board book.
 I glued the front cover to the first page...then all the other pages together.
I cut out an arch shape, then added texture paste to make it look like an old plastered wall before apinting and distressing it.
 The witch has all the stuff she needs for her potions close to hand.
Its just a bit of fun for the kids.... I'm always saying to them whilst i'm making things...DON' PEEK....
so thats what I called this book.

SUPPLIES USED
MOMENTO INK TUXEDO BLACK
DISTRESS INK BLACK SOOT.
STAMPS USED
HOCUS POCUS CP P416
CAULDREN CP E180
LARGE SCRABBLE ALPHAS SW U6092/38
Thank you for visiting us today...
there'll be another project  from another designer tomorrow for DAY #20.
BDx

16 comments:

Rebecca pettit said...

I love your books. "Don't peek" how adorable. Wait did just say BD's craft was adorable? What have I done? I'm so sorry mistress

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

What a wicked cool lil book, love all the details and the colours!

Carol said...

Fantastic altered wee book - love it xx

valscraftings said...

Wonderful little book, love the images!

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous! What a awesome idea to build a shell inside a book. Looks absolutely amazing!

Jetske said...

What a great idea, it looks wonderful! A real witches'niche, filled with witches'stuff. Love it!

Nan Bourdeu said...

Awesome new idea that I just love gluing together for depth! xx

Squiddy said...

What a great workup of the book. I bet there are secret recipes slipped in somewhere

Susan Salyer said...

This altered children's book is marvelous..I always admire your art.

Teresa said...

This is super cute BD - right up my street xxx

Mary Holshouser said...

I hope the witch finds the right recipe.
Cute idea. The kids should love it.
thanks for sharing.

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! What a brilliant way to use the book. Must have been difficult to cut the arches. Love it both inside and out. I'll bet they peeked. LOL xxD

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

What a fantastic idea! I love it! Thanks for sharing! Patricia B

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous altered board book! Love the Don't Peek title! Super pages!

Sarah Bales Strom said...

Wonderful little book! Love that witch. I really admire your creativity.

Lyneen J said...

AWESOME little book... that is one spooky witches den!!!! all those potions!!! Cute little witch creating her next brew... This has to be one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing!!!