Saturday, 14 November 2015

Art Journal cover

Hi all, Suzanne here.
I'm sharing a cover that I made from cardboard, for a bunch of journal pages I had prepared and bound some time ago.

front

 back
 inside

supplies used
stamps
script from plate writing letters

others
picket fence
mustard seed
fossilized amber
staz on inkpad jet black
decoart media modeling paste
decoart media ultra matte varnish
various acrylic paints

The cardboard base has been primed with gesso, when dry I added a bit of water soluble wax crayons (red) here and there and spread a layer of distress paint picket fence and mustard seed, blending them together.
 In an art magazine a generous coworker of mine provides me with - thanks so very much, Lina! <3 -  I found a page that had shades of green on one and shades of brown on he other side. I used this to add to the background with quick image transfer.




 The space inbetween was stamped with the script stamp and sealed with matte varnish. More images were added with the decoupage technique. I consider it a huge advantage of this technique tthat you can decide where the images should face to. Finally I stencilled dyed modeling paste through stencils, painted the images with a little bit of acrylic paints and sealed everything with matte varnish again.

Thanks so very much for stopping by and having a look.
Have a great weekend everyone ..
Hugs, Suzanne xx

3 comments:

ambermog said...

Fabulous and so inspiring, where is the seated woman from please?

Jetske said...

It's very clear this is an ART Journal!

Jetske said...

to AMBERMOG: that stamp is from Non Sequitur, it's called Satyr. You can either follow the link by clicking on the name in the post, or go to www.nonsequiturstamps.com (there's a link in the side bar as well).