Sunday, 15 November 2015

Cherub Atc's





 

Stamps Used:
The Cherub is from Raffaello's Cherub CP N403
The Flourish is from Baroque Flourishes CP Q521

Morning all, Mark here and I am sharing a couple of Cherubic Atc's that have been inspired by the awful events that have taken place in Paris over the last couple of days.
This is no way a religious statement in any way but you can not argue with images created by the Masters.

I started with a couple of MDF Atc blanks and a scrap I have saved from some 7 dots studio paper which was glued to the Atc's and then trimmed down and the edges sanded to give a nice finish and fit.
I used archival ink to stamp my images and rotated the flourish image to fit the gaps around my Cherub.
The surface of the Atc was sealed with some satin varnish and then a coat of Decoart's one step crackle was applied very thinly in places to get a nice thin patchy crackle.
The Patina Antiquing cream was rubbed into the surface and once dry wiped back with a damp kitchen towel to remove the excess antiquing cream.
For one of the Atc's I added a Tim Holtz embellishment that has also been given the antiquing cream treatment to bring out the words. the other Atc had an arrow embellishment added to lay over the arrow in the image.

I have done two Atc's this time with the aim of trading one in a swap with someone that comments on this post.
If you would like to trade an Atc with me for one of these just mention in the comments that you would like to trade.
If there are more than one of you I will randomly select someone from the list x
Hopefully there will be at least one of you ;)
You have until my next post here to let me know if you would like to take part. x.

Thanks as always for stopping by, remember to check out our challenge blog, details are at the top of the side bar. There are new challenges every two weeks with prizes up for grabs x
Head back tomorrow to see something new from one of our DT members. xxx.




13 comments:

Jetske said...

I love your ATC's, the antiquing effects are beautiful.
Nobody in his/her right mind can understand why people can do these things, killing innocent people at random is not a way to make things better, or understand each other better.
In case there's nobody who wants to swap... I would appreciate an ATC for the displays in my shop/booth! :-)

mark gould said...

Of course jetske x

Paul Browning said...

I'll happily swap an ATC with you (and I'm guessing there will be quite a number of comments to choose from by the time your next post goes out :) ) I'll dig out my mixed media supplies and see if I can make something you'd like (if randomly chosen of course :) ) Pxx

mark gould said...

Thanks Paul.

mark gould said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neil said...

As I said on FB, cool work. Now I've read the post here I see you mentioned the paper; I didn't come here first, promise LOL

Corrie Herriman said...

Great tribute and I love them !
Corrie x

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Count me in!!
Maybe I'll actually get that stencil you've been telling me about...

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Maybe you should make more ATCs to trade. Just sayin'.

mark gould said...

The stencil is still here. Sorry I have been so rubbish x lol

butterfly said...

Absolutely love these, Mark - fantastic porcelain crackle over the images to look really ancient.
Alison x

butterfly said...

Oops - missed the bit about a swap - totally up for that! Ax

Sandie said...

Great ATC's Mark. I would love to swap if you are not inundated with offers.